суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

communication style tests




I can certainly not claim that I have ever walked with God. But sometimes I�am struck by how beautiful the world truly is - those are often times when I feel Him near me. Of course He is with me always, I�know, itapos;s just that I am often too silly to see it. Or feel it. Or know it. Or be open enough to know it? Because I�am human (and a proud, silly one at that) who often has herself clouded with too many things. And this is through no fault of anyone but myself - it is possible to not allow oneself to be clouded and cluttered up with things, even if they are "important" things. Because maybe the most important things of all sometimes include just letting the things of this world go for a bit and appreciating the things that will always be.

I had a really lovely walk home from work today. First I went to Hockmanapos;s and got chocolate; then to Sheetz for a latte that was wondrous. That is one of the lovely in-between things of being a teenager - I have a job, and thus, an income, but no real financial obligations. So if I am slightly irresponsible and spend more than I�ought to on frivolous things like chocolate and coffee, the only consequence is that I myself am inconvenienced by not being able to afford other frivolities. And that itself helps me to remember to keep my funds budgeted because there are obviously things that I want/need more than other things (yes, more than a few of the things I�buy are actual neccessities, or close to neccessities) and I�have to learn to prioritize. I am usually pretty good at that, but sometimes I slip, so itapos;s good that Iapos;m having practice now so that I�can keep myself in check later when I have to budget for rent or a heat bill or laundry, rather than a winter coat or boots.

Anyway. As I�was saying before I interrupted myself. I obtained chocolate and a latte at Sheetz - the latte was nicely flavored and I�got whipped cream on top, and it turned out to just the right temperature. The air was brisk and chilly, but my denim trench coat and striped scarf (that I got at Goodwill as a fluke and turned out to like a lot and wear all the time) kept me warm. The vain part of me was pleased because I knew that I looked rather nice in said coat and scarf, so that the work clothes underneath were made to look not so blah, and my Jack Skellington bag maintained the slight disreputableness that I like to have in my appearance, for fear someone will mistake me for a boring sort of person. So I had my lovely latte to keep my hands warm, the air was pleasantly chilly apos;round my face and my bag was not very heavy, as it often is. I had a bag with yummy chocolate in it, and I ended up swinging said bag in a very chipper sort of way. I was listening to my iPod and Michael Cardapos;s Be Thou My Vision came on. That hymn (that version in particular) always reminds me of how God is in everything in the world because He created it and that Iapos;m never alone - only not in such words, but a feeling. Everything around me was beautiful and fall and it was one of those lovely times where everything around is alive and bustling but there is a sort of peace with you, one of those times where one is more aware than usual of the beauty of the world and of God.

It made me very happy and it made the rest of the day infinitely more pleasant because I�came home in a good mood rather than a dreading-having-to-work sort of mood.

I donapos;t have to get up for work tomorrow :)

I donapos;t think that this post does a very good job of capturing how lovely the walk home from work was. I shall never be a writer of any great worth, alas. But I think itapos;s good to have this sort of then on the record, as it were, because it is one of those Good Things that are so often overlooked, but really they are the most important things and have a far more lasting impact than the Dreadful Things of life.

I love being able to see the beauty of the world, because it is so much more than the ugliness that we seem to notice too often. God is good, or rather, He is Love, and this world is beautiful. Donapos;t let anyone tell you otherwise.

-SXM, Sarah Meholick, Esq.


communication style tests, communication style test, communication style technology, communication style surveys.



Комментариев нет: